IN-STUDIO/ IN-PERSON PARTICIPATION
Arkansas Academy of Dance will host dance class opportunities in-studio, beginning June 1, 2020 as is consistent with state and local re-opening guidelines All classes will be available virtually as requested. In-studio/person classes & virtual participation available.
The following recommended health and safety actions are in place to protect children and instructors.
· Healthy hygiene practices will be promoted, such as hand washing, wearing cloth face coverings/masks in & out of facility, during breaks, during class.
· Cleaning and disinfection will be intensified before, after, and in between classes.
· Physical distancing will be encouraged using increased spacing, smaller groups of attendees per studio space, limited mixing between groups, staggered scheduling, staggered arrival and drop off times
· There will be no sharing of belongings, supplies, and equipment.
The following new in-studio class structure is in place for the 2020-2021 dance year
· Do not send your student to the studio if they are sick or not feeling well.
· Students are to wear masks into and out of the facility, on breaks, when moving through the facility and during class.
· Foot traffic into and out of the facility is limited to students and instructors.
· Entrance and Exit Doors will be propped for entering and exiting the facility.
· Students and Instructors are to enter the facility on the west side and exit on the east side of the building.
· To eliminate pedestrian traffic, facility doors may be locked once all participants have arrived.
· Instructors will always keep a minimum 6-foot distance from students. All corrections will be given verbally without the use of person to person physical contact. Instructors will always wear a mask.
· Students will keep 6 feet distance during all activities and movement.
· Students will store their belongings, class paraphernalia at their designated studio spaces, so travel light. Instructors will also use designated areas.
· For older students, apart from bathroom breaks, Students are asked to remain in their designated studio space, during class transition time. Students may eat their, in-between-class snacks and drink in the studio.
· For older students, outdoor classes will be promoted depending on the weather and type of class. Proper distancing of 6-foot radius will be maintained during outdoor classes.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION - WARNING AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Dancing and the exercises associated with it may place unusual stresses on the body and may increase the risk of injury. Please make sure you always dance in a safe place. By allowing myself (if no longer a minor) and/or my child to participate in Arkansas Academy of Dance online dance classes, I assume the risk of participation and agree that Arkansas Academy of Dance shall not be liable in any way for injuries or loss/damage of personal property sustained during participation in Arkansas Academy of Dance online dance classes or any of their related functions. This assumption of risk and release of claims is given on my own behalf if I am the participant and on behalf of my child and myself, if my child is the participant, and extends to executors, administrators, heirs and assigns.
We are a family affair! The joy gained from this art form is not only for our academy students; we invite the entire family to the barre. During class time, students will be encouraged to use appropriate dancer’s etiquette; helping them to show respect toward classmates and instructors. As part of their training, we will guide them towards a better understanding of proper ballet manners. Please review the following reminders - with your help, we will continue to offer great training and aid in the growth of great individuals. Together we are nurturing many wonderful learning experiences!